Basics of Buidling Archery Fitness
by Train Hunt Eat
Get stuck in an Archery Rabbit Hole as you look for ways to become a better archery, bowhunter, competitor, etc. There is a lot of information out there, some good, some conflicting, some just does not work.
Archery fitness is not difficult and is often overlooked to some quick fix, bow tune, or some stabilization gimmick.
Building archery fitness involves developing several physical and mental skills that are essential for successful archery. Here are some basic tips to help you build archery fitness:
- Strengthen your core: A strong core is essential for good posture and stability during archery. Exercises like planks, crunches, and Russian twists can help you build a strong core.
- Develop upper body strength: Archery requires a significant amount of upper body strength, particularly in the shoulders and back. Exercises like pull-ups, rows and bench presses can help you build this strength.
- Improve flexibility: Good flexibility is essential for proper form and accuracy in archery. Stretching exercises like yoga or Pilates can help improve your flexibility.
- Focus on balance and stability: Archery requires a great deal of balance and stability, so exercises like lunges, squats, and balance training can help you develop these skills.
- Practice mental focus: Archery is a mental sport as much as a physical one, so it’s important to practice mental focus and concentration. Meditation and visualization exercises can help you improve your mental focus.
- Incorporate cardio exercise: While archery is not a high-intensity sport, it’s still important to have good cardiovascular fitness. Incorporating activities like running, cycling, or swimming into your training routine can help you build endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
- Good Old Fashion….Putting time behind the bow!
Remember to consult a qualified trainer or coach to help you develop a personalized training plan based on your current fitness level and goals.
Please hit the link below and subscript to our newsletter so that you do not miss any of our workouts, information, FREE Content, and offers!
Looking for Free Training Programs for Hunters? You can join Team Train Hunt Eat below and get all our hunting training programs for free. Click the link below.
Define Your Personal Training Goals
change your life
Read More Post by Train Hunt Eat
When designing an interval training program for hunting, it’s important to consider the specific demands of hunting and the individual’s current fitness level.