Welcome to the Recipe of the Week!
Venison Sliders with Tomato Chili Jam
by Food Netword
Time for some Venison Sliders. We all have that leftover ground meat. This Venison Slider with Tomato Chili Jam recipe was found on Food Network. This is an amazing recipe.
Tomato Chile Jam:
- Combine the beef, venison, oil, salt, cinnamon, oregano, pepper and parsley in a mixing bowl. Use a spoon, spatula or your hands to blend it thoroughly. Form the meat into twelve 3-ounce sliders, and refrigerate until cooking time.
- Brush the sliders with olive oil and cook on a preheated very hot grill or in a nonstick pan for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook! This lovely lean meat is best served rare or medium-rare.
- Place the grilled venison sliders on a bun, top with Tomato Chile Jam and cover with the bun top. Finish by skewering a cornichon and driving the skewer through the top bun, the slider and the bottom bun to keep them intact and easy to eat. Repeat with all the sliders.
- Place the sliders on a platter and waste no time getting them to your guests and into your mouth!
Tomato Chile Jam:
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, chiles and ginger in a saucepot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 2 hours, stirring all the time to make sure it doesn’t scorch on the bottom. Allow the thick, glossy condiment to cool to room temperature, and refrigerate till needed. Cook’s Note: This will make more than needed, but this sauce is mildly addictive and you will be happy to have some stashed away in your refrigerator for any grilled meat, fish or prawns. It lasts for over a month when stored properly in a sealed container.