Welcome to the Recipe of the Week!
Smoked Coffee Rubbed Venison roast
by Greg Moriates
As the hunting season ends, we always have that extra roast that we are excited to find laying in the back of the freezer. Then you need to decide if you are going to make another round of jerky, roast it in the oven, or throw it on the smoker? Here is a great venison recipe that will change things up a little. By adding in a coffee rub, it will bring out that homeyness that you are looking for but also adding in something new.
Go at it!
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredient to make the rub.
- Apply the rub all over the venison roast and let it come to room temperature.
- Fire up the smoker at a temp of 225 degrees. I like to use a mild wood like hickory or oak. If using pellets, I like to experiment with a blend.
- Wrap the roast in bacon!
- Place on the smoker for approximate three hours or until the internal temperature reached 135 to 165. I love Thermoworks for thermometers.
- Let rest and service with some greens and potatoes.