Welcome to the Recipe of the Week!
Trout on the Grill
by Southern Kitchen
Anyone who loves the outdoors had spend time on a stream, lake, or open water. However, there is something different when throwing a fly to a trout…and having them actual take a bit. I would love to say that this recipe was developed in the home kitchen of Train Hunt Eat. That would not be the truth. This Trout on the Grill Recipe was developed by Southern Kitchen. This is an amazing recipe.
- 4 freshly caught trout fillets
- Cooking oil, such as coconut or vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Trout fillets are the easiest way to prepare your fish for the grill. Just make sure to leave the skin on. Before you start preparing the trout, preheat your grill and then reduce the temperature to around 250 degrees. This is medium or medium-low on most gas grills.
- Coat the trout in cooking oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Once seasoned, place the trout directly on the grill with the skin side down.
- Trout cook quickly on the grill and are done when the meat is white and flakey when tested with a fork. Most smaller trout do not need to be flipped to cook through. If you have large fillets that are not cooking through, make sure you flip it onto a piece of tin foil.
Define Your Personal Training Goals
change your life
Read More Post by Train Hunt Eat
Welcome to the Recipe of the Week! Grilled Bison Ribeyes with Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes by Malcom Reed at Mossy Oak Cooks Notes Wild Boar.