Welcome to the Recipe of the Week!
by Survival Life
- 1 pound ground elk
- 3 or more slices of bacon
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice or pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the bacon and brown it in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter to the skillet. Cook the onions until translucent (about 5 min).
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 min).
- Add the mushrooms and sage. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Push veggies to the side and lightly brown the ground elk. Do not overcook.
- Add mushroom soup, water, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice or noodles.