Welcome to the Recipe of the Week!
Best Venison Jerky
by Greg Moriates
You have a freezer full of venison? What to do, what to do? Make Venison Jerky of course! We make this Best Venison Jerky at Train Hunt Eat.
- 1 1/2 lb. of venison (or any meat type)
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- 1/4 c. of soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. of A-1
- 1 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce
- Before cutting meat, freeze for about 30. It makes it easier to slice thin.
- Cut your meat into strips about 1/4″ – 1/8″ thick strips or to your liking.
- Combine ingredients for marinade, soak meat, cover and let marinade in the fridge overnight.
- Set smoker at 165 degrees F.
- Remove, lay strips out on a jerky rack for 6-8 hours