Smoked Bacon Wrapped and Stuffed Venison Back Strap
Train Hunt Eat Pro-staff Member Bobby L. Cole is known for sharing some epic recopies. Here is his Smoke Bacon Wrapped and Stuffed Venison Back-straps. No need for an explanation. FIRE UP THE SMOKER!!!!
- 1 2 lbs Venison Back-strap
- 1 Package (8 oz) of low sodium Cream Cheese
- 2 Jalapenos Minced
- 1 Jalapeno thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 6 Strips of bacon (use more if needed)
- 2 Tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Lawry’s seasoning
- 1 Tbs Onion powder
- 1 Tps Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- Preheat Smoker to 225 Degrees F
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese Jalapenos and Garlic Cloves set aside.
- Take the back strap and butter fly the Entire Length, Place strap in a bag and add olive oil, garlic powder, Lawrys, Onion Powder and Black Pepper. Shake Vigorously until the entire back strap is coded in seasoning mix.
- Remove the Back strap from the bag and spread it out, take the cream cheese mixture and spread an event amount throughout what will be the inside of the Back strap. Fold the back strap over itself with the cream cheese mixture on the inside.
- Wrap the back strap with bacon strips insure that it is entirely wrapped and none of the back strap is showing. Secure the Bacon with toothpicks or cooking twine. Rub the Brown sugar over the bacon. Place thinly sliced Jalapenos on top.
- Once the smoker is to desired temperature place the back strap in the smoker until it reaches an internal temperature off 135 degree F for medium rare. (Approximately 2 ½ -3 hours) Cook it longer if desired but remember Venison is very lean and will dry out if over cooked.
- Remove from smoker and rest for 10 minutes, slice into medallions and enjoy!!!