Bacon-Wrapped Elk Steaks
Bacon Wrapped Elk Steaks when you are looking to impress your guests. Fire up the grill and get cooking with this delicable bacon wrapped Elk steaks.
- 2 LBS. ELK STEAKS
- 1/4 CUP RED WINE
- 2 TBSP. SOY SAUCE
- 2 TBSP. HONEY
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 1/2 TSP. BLACK PEPPER, FRESHLY CRACKED
- 1/8 TSP. RED PEPPER FLAKES
- 1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 2 TBSP. FRESH ROSEMARY, CHOPPED
- 1/2 LB. BACON, THIN-CUT
- Make the marinade by whisking together the wine, soy sauces, honey, minced garlic cloves, black pepper, chopped rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
- Add the elk steaks into the marinade and marinate overnight, up to a day or two.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat your grill to high.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade; wrap each steak with several pieces of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the bacon-wrapped elk steaks directly on the grill grate and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Rotate halfway through for a good caramelized exterior. Enjoy!
Recipe found at: bacon-wrapped-elk-steaks